Zurich Gnome

The journal of a Swiss-based motor-racing enthusiast.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Technical Commission meeting

Apologies for the lack of posts, but I've been out of the country and accessing the blog was just too slow.

But still not much has happened, and my main interest at the moment is to see what comes out of today's F1 technical commission meeting. They're discussing the regulations for 2008, but frankly I'm not hopeful. I still suspect that even if the members do reach agreement, then Max Mosley will simply turn round and overrule any changes that do not fit in with his ideas. I could be wrong, and I usually am when it comes to predictions, but we'll know more tomorrow.

Hopefully, we'll be allowed to have engine development. I really do not want to see fixed engines. If that's the case we may as well spec the current GP2 car as a basis for F1. That might not be a bad idea, after all, the FIA put the design of the GP2 car out to tender, so it must be able to specify a car fairly accurately.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home