Zurich Gnome

The journal of a Swiss-based motor-racing enthusiast.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Prediction revisited

I should have mentioned that the Gnome crystal ball was a little fuzzy on Friday. Definitely not running in full HDTV mode, which meant that some of my predictions were a little out.

For example, the qualifying on the CB (Crystal Ball) stopped just as the session was flagged, and Kimi's time came in after that. And Michael and Kimi did get very close, although I now see it was on the straight up to Abbey, not Hangar straight. What a great piece of TV though, the shot from the cockpit of the Ferrari showed just how brave these guys are. Kimi moves over (legitamately) to within a few inches of Michael at well over 100mph and neither even flinches. I'd have dived off onto the grass! (I did that once at Cadwell Park in an FF2000 race but got the bas**rd back, later in the race)

And the Fast starting Williams causing mayhem? Well, there was a Williams involved in the first lap accident but I couldn't see the helmet colour on the CB. I thought Webber was unlucky to be taken out, and the bad pitstop was Heidfeld (unlucky after such a great start) instead of Fisi. Rubens did much better than Jenson as predicted, but as Carl pointed out in his comment, there are still some braking points so Rubens wasn't quite as much at home as I'd thought.

So, In true F1-press-release-style I'll suggest that I made serious progress with the CB, and that I'm working really hard to polish the performance and that by the next race I'll have new parts on board and should be turning in really respectable predictions.

Ha!

2 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger Abhinav said...

ok u are the expert.i wont be complaining about the "barrichello-has-some-problem" predictions.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger ZurichGnome said...

test

 

Post a Comment

<< Home