Zurich Gnome

The journal of a Swiss-based motor-racing enthusiast.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mosley's way

I'm not sure I like what Max Mosley is up to. Bearing in mind who his father was it would be all too easy to suggest that his current tactics are dictatorial (and I guess I've just done that). It would be a cheap jibe though, so let's just say his current tactics, strategy even, appears to be based on bullying.

Presenting the teams and manufacturers with an ultimatum, dressed up even though it is, as a rational argument for sense, is not fair. Half of the teams believe that change is needed in the governance of the sport and it looks like Max is trying to force them to relinquish any rights they may have in return for an entry in the 2008 championship. To me it smacks of "It's my ball and if you don't like it you can find another playground".

You're better than that Max. Open a series of negotiations instead and come up with an agreed set of rules. Not something that nobody wants and we'll be forced to live with for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home