Zurich Gnome

The journal of a Swiss-based motor-racing enthusiast.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Crash Test Dummies

No, not the band, I was never really into them. But Super Aguri (and I'm sorry but I still think it's a daft name) have had some good news, as they've passed the FIA crash tests with the old Arrows FA23, suitably modified for the new regulations.

Somehow, this conjures up an image of the old Arrows car, with welded on roll hoops like the stock cars I used to watch as a youth back in the 70s. But I guess it's tricky to weld carbon fibre and metal, so it's probably a much more professional job. That seems to be a major hurdle out of the way though, and as I've said before, the cars don't actually need to run in Bahrain...

Well done boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home